5 Things to Keep in Mind for Your Next Digital Marketing Campaign
The marketing world is dynamic and ever-changing – from trends to technology, tactics, and strategies.
A recent marketing report by HubSpot reveals that:
- Lead generation is the top priority for marketers in 2020.
- 68% of marketers are using automation to scale their marketing campaigns.
- Customer feedback has become more important than ever with 68% of marketers using it to make business decisions.
I’m sure that the last thing you want is for your business to fall behind your competitors. And the best way to remain relevant is to stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry.
But how can you keep up with the times?
What are you doing differently to boost the ROI of your next digital marketing campaign?
Wondering which strategies can help drive the best results for your brand?
Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered. I am going to share some of the most effective tactics that can help you plan and run your next digital marketing campaign successfully.
Let’s check them out.
1. Analyze Your Current Brand Positioning
Analyzing the performance of your digital marketing campaigns can help you cut down on inefficient strategies, reduce costs, maximize ROI, and drive growth.
You can get useful, data-backed insights about what’s working, what needs improvement, and how you can meet your goals.
You should audit different aspects of your digital marketing campaigns such as:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Audit
SEO helps you drive traffic to your site by improving your search rankings. Conducting an SEO audit can help you examine factors that can affect your ability to rank.
- Keyword analysis
- On-page SEO issues
- Technical issues
- Off-page SEO issues
- Structural issues
- Content marketing gaps
- User experience issues
- Mobile responsiveness
But how can you run an SEO audit?
You can either hire an SEO expert to do it for you or you can leverage automated audit tools for a detailed analysis. If you identify any issues, you can fix them and improve your brand’s search visibility.
Content Marketing Audit
You should examine and evaluate if your content creation and distribution efforts are driving the desired results.
You need to analyze:
- Who is liking, reading, sharing your posts?
- Are people taking the desired actions?
- Is your content optimized for search results and the search intent of your target audience?
- Is your content 100% unique and free of grammatical errors?
- What’s the readability score of your content?
Paid Advertising Audit
Do you get maximum returns for money spent on paid advertising?
You need to audit your paid campaigns for various parameters, such as:
- Targeted keywords
- Targeting the right audience demographics, locations, device types, etc.
- Quality score/relevance to your target audience
- Ad optimization for better conversions using A/B testing
- Landing page optimization and proper calls-to-action (CTAs)
Social Media Audit
You should also conduct a social media audit to examine the overall social presence of your brand.
You should analyze the efficacy of all your social media activities to find out:
- Whether you are using the right platforms
- What type of content performs the best for you
- The amount of traffic you receive from social media
- Products that get with maximum attention
- Click-through rate (CTR) of your social ads
- Most successful strategies of your competitors
2. Automate Customer Communication
A customer who sends you an email or a message on social media expects a fast reply. They do not have the patience to wait for days before you can finally get back to them. That’s why you need to invest in conversational marketing.
Conversational marketing involves the application of live chat and chatbot technology to speed up response times and solve customers’ problems quickly. Using it can help you build strong customer relationships and increase retention.
With chatbots, you can allow your customers to connect with you 24/7 and have their questions answered in real-time.
How can chatbots help?
Chatbots can help simulate conversations and address customer questions using pre-programmed responses.
If you use AI-based chatbots, they can improve interactions with every conversation they have. They become more efficient with the completion of every task and can handle multiple conversations at one go.
And the best part?
Customers consider them a promising solution to get answers to their questions.
Image via Drift
Live chat, on the other hand, allows customers to talk to your team directly. It enables you to resolve customer requests faster, meet their demands, and personalize their experiences.
How can you integrate chatbots and live chat solutions with digital marketing?
You can use these conversational solutions to:
- Provide real-time answers to your potential and existing customers.
- Collect customer data.
- Humanize your brand.
- Nurture leads to help them convert.
- Offer personalized experiences and product recommendations.
- Cross-sell and upsell products and services.
3. Create Content to Move Customers Down the Sales Funnel
The primary aim of all digital marketing campaigns is to grow your brand’s reach, engagement, and revenue. But you cannot achieve this without solving the pain points of your target consumers.
And the best way to do that is to provide them with valuable content.
That’s why you need to learn how to write content that keeps your prospects engaged throughout their buying journeys.
Your content should offer them actionable tips to solve their problems. It should also help you build trust and convince your audience that your products/services will make their lives better.
You should start by understanding your audience.
- How do they conduct searches?
- What is their thought process?
- Which channels do they use to seek information and look for solutions?
Then, you should try to understand the stages your buyer goes through before they finally convert and become your loyal customers.
Using these insights will help you create content that helps them move down the sales funnel. Your content should attract prospects, engage them, convert them into buyers, and retain them.
You need to recognize each visitor, their needs, their position in the funnel, and then, offer content that helps them move ahead. This will help you convert them into actual customers.
You should provide them with dynamic content that changes depending on a user’s data, behavior, and preferences.
4. Leverage Local SEO Tactics to Drive More Conversions
Do you have a physical store?
If so, you should target location-based keywords.
Leveraging local SEO tactics can help you reach relevant local audiences who are likely to use your products and services. You can attract buyers who live nearby and can easily walk into your stores.
For this, you need to target local keywords and list your business in local directories. According to research, this strategy works. Customers are likely to purchase from businesses that customize information based on their location.
Image via Think with Google
What are the best local SEO practices to follow?
You should list your business on Google My Business and fill out all important information accurately. Include your contact details, hours of operation, website URL, and high-quality store, brand, or product images.
You should do the same for other local business directories such as Yelp to amplify your brand’s reach.
Here are some other local SEO tactics you can use for your business:
- Include location-based keywords on your site.
- Ask customers to review your business.
- Build backlinks from local directories and sites.
- Use location tags on social media platforms.
- Optimize your content for voice searches and local business snippets.
5. Manage Your Brand’s Online Reputation
How many times do you let someone else’s opinion influence your buying decisions?
Similarly, the opinions of your customers can influence the buying decisions of other prospects.
What if your customers post negative reviews or comments about your business? Will you be able to attract and convert potential buyers?
That’s why you need to manage the online reputation of your business.
It will help you govern the way potential and current customers perceive your brand online. You can also influence the kind of information they find.
How can you manage your online reputation?
- Gain customers’ trust.
- Be transparent.
- Monitor brand mentions.
- React quickly and politely to customer complaints.
- Address criticism immediately.
- Handle illegitimate attackers by taking legal action.
- Publish positive branded content.
- Hire online reputation management professionals.
Are You Ready to Launch Your Next Digital Marketing Campaign?
Most brands and marketers work hard to boost the ROI of their digital marketing campaigns and win more business. Therefore, it is imperative to come up with tactics that can help maximize your conversion opportunities.
You should use these tactics in your next digital marketing campaign, but don’t limit yourself to these only. Instead, you should experiment and find out which strategies work the best for you.
Do you need further explanation on any of the strategies mentioned above? Feel free to discuss them with me in the comments below.
Sign Up For Our Mailing List
If you’d like to receive more in-depth articles, videos and Infographics in your inbox, please sign up below
Sign up for the newest articles from Curatti, delivered straight to your inbox
Featured image: Copyright: ‘https://www.123rf.com/profile_olivier26‘ / 123RF Stock Photo
Latest posts by Shane Barker (see all)
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind for Your Next Digital Marketing Campaign - September 16, 2020
- 5 Best Customer Success Strategies That Can Help You Grow Your Business - August 19, 2020
- 6 Ways to Make Local SEO Easier for Your Clients - June 30, 2020