15 Ways To Improve Your Email Marketing [Infographic]
We’ve all heard that “the money is in the list”. Whether that’s an email or subscribers list, staying in touch with timely, fun and informative information can be daunting.
If you’ve ever struggled with coming up with ideas on what to send your email list, struggle no longer. Here are 15 ideas you can use just about any time…any place. Keep this list handy to plan your email marketing or grab it whenever you need a quick idea.
10 Tips for Writing Stand Out Email Subject Lines
Here are 10 of the points to supplement the above infographic:
- Personalize. Marketers often get tired of personalization and think it’s stopped working. It hasn’t. Split tests in most industries show personalization outpulls non-personalized emails in almost every test.
- Vary things up. Use different “styles” of subject lines, or people will start to filter out your emails.
- Experiment with lowercase and upper case. Sometimes writing in all lowercase is actually more attention catching, especially when everyone else is writing in sentence case.
- Don’t underestimate short subject lines. A simple “check this out” could get more opens than “My Simple System for Earning a Six Figure Income.”
- Put yourself in your audience’s shoes. What are their deepest desires? Address those desires in your subject line.
- Visualize someone in your market waking up in the middle of the night, smacking their forehead, saying “Gosh, I just wish ______________.” Fill in the blank. Use that as the basis for a subject line.
- Use numbers and symbols. They catch attention more than text. But use it sparingly, so it doesn’t look like spam.
- Write when you’re inspired. If you come up with a subject line spontaneously, chances are it’s a good one.
- Browse Twitter for ideas. Writing for Twitter is similar to writing headlines, as they have similar space constraints. See what other marketers are tweeting in your industry.
- Split test. Different kinds of headlines work better in different markets. Split testing not only gives you results, but teaches you about your market.
Wrapping things up
Writing for your audience in a unique and fresh way will get your content opened and read. The same is true for your social media shares and your blog posts. If you master how to write a great email, you’ll get more ‘opens’ and interest in your business.
Let me know which of these tips work best for you or any I’ve missed that you’d like to add.
Featured image: Copyright: ‘http://www.123rf.com/profile_mikkolem‘ / 123RF Stock Photo
Latest posts by Susan Gilbert (see all)
- 12 Time-Saving Blogging, Newsletter Creation, and SaaS Tools - November 29, 2022
- 12 Customer Communication, Instagram Brand Reach, and AI Marketing Plan Tools - October 25, 2022
- 12 Keyword Research, Personal Branding, and Video Marketing Strategy Tools - September 27, 2022