All the Tools You Need for a Successful Link Building Campaign
Link building is one of the most challenging tasks in digital marketing.
But it is also unavoidable.
You need backlinks to rank in Google and create more traffic-generating channels.
The world of digital marketing is a virtual playground with new and advanced tools being introduced into the algorithm with every passing second; your business must keep up with all of the trends.
The key is in the kind of link acquisition strategy you put forward and the tools you use. Securing links is basically an art in itself. You need to invest a lot of time to finally find tactics that work for your website.
But first, you need tools.
1. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is an all-in-one SEO platform. It helps with many aspects of SEO, including link building.
SE Ranking does everything you’d expect a link building tool to do including competitive research, link monitoring, and more. Not only does it allow you to find which websites link to your competitors (and not you) but it helps you track your campaign, alert you of new links or make sure you know any of your acquired backlinks has been deleted.
About SE Ranking:
- Lets you identify the unique domains you should be focusing on
- Allows you to monitor your campaign progress
- It helps you understand the type of topics that are best for building backlinks.
- Pricing: Starts from 39.20/month, increasing with the number of users and payment options chosen
You may also want to read: How To Use Social Media To Improve Link Building
A favorite of digital marketers all over the world, Ahrefs operates one of the largest link indices. But what sets Ahrefs apart from the rest of link building tools available online?
Ahrefs features all the advanced tools you could need for your link building process, whilst being equally convenient for any and every individual that doesn’t understand the technicalities of digital marketing.
This can be crucial for businesses that don’t want to spend too much time and money on hiring a digital marketing agency.
One of the most useful features for link building is its ability to find “broken links” pointing to any page or domain. These are the links you can claim!
- Find websites to link your content
- Track your growth
- Create SEO Audits and performance optimization
- Identify and connect to influential content
- Pricing: $99 – $999, depending on the number of users and payment option chosen (monthly or annually)
If you’re hoping to build links from influential bloggers and authors, BuzzSumo is the portal for you. Simply put, Buzzsumo allows you to research other site’s link assets and lead magnets and identify how success
BuzzSumo holds options for filtering out details for much more than backlinks, allowing you to make the most of your subscription. It lets you monitor your reputation, analyze competitors’ Facebook campaigns, research journalists and influencers and come up with content ideas. The crux of BuzzSumo lies in content marketing, but it can help you find the niche for your link building process as well.
- Discover influencers and content creators
- Identify impressions, engagements, and links.
- Monitor brand mentions that don’t link back to you (yet!)
- Pricing: $99 – $299 per month
Regardless of which link building tactics you use, it almost always involves emailing.
And this is where any business faces a challenge: What should I be using for emailing?
Your basic options are:
- Use your own business email
- Use a free email, like Gmail or Yahoo!
Both of these methods can hurt your business. If you use a free email, many of these messages will go to spam folders or many of your prospects will not take them seriously. If you use your business email, your main business domain can get into databases if any of your emails is flagged as spam.
I suggest using a different domain name for emailing. You can get one or more unique cheap domains using Namify. The service is free and it will help you find domains that will be easy to co-brand with your main one.
Once you have a domain, follow these steps to set up a free business address to use for outreach.
You may also want to read: These Four Link Building Strategies Can Backfire Badly (Do This Instead)
Also known as the all-in-one local marketing software, BrightLocal’s most important service is their ability to help you build and monitor citations.
Citation building is a crucial part of building links for your local business. It is also a great way to get your business found through multiple local business platforms connecting customers to nearby companies.
By tackling two birds with one stone, BrightLocal is a local marketing tool that allows you to make the most of the money you invest.
- Local search results checker
- Building local citations
- Prospecting and outreach
- Citation submissions
- Pricing: Starts at $29 for a site
Some tools are worth the investment and Pitchbox is definitely one of them. Easy to use and efficient in its ways, Pitchbox is a link building tool that allows you to walk through the outreach process easily. From the process of discovering prospects to the actual outreach, Pitchbox is the all-in-one solution you need.
- Integrated prospecting saves time in qualifying sites
- Offers pre-built campaign templates (Blogger outreach, advanced search, etc.)
- Use metric filters to narrow your list based on your requirements
- Pricing is available on request
Link Building Takeaway
You don’t need all the tools above, so make a smart investment. All of these tools offer free trials and demos, so spend a few weeks using all of them and exploring all the options, and integrating them into your current link building tactics.
Sign Up For Our Mailing List
If you’d like to receive more in-depth articles, videos, and Infographics in your inbox, please sign up below.
Sign up for the newest articles from Curatti, delivered straight to your inbox
Featured image: Copyright: https://pixabay.com/illustrations/seo-webpage-back-links-6271942/
Latest posts by Anna Fox (see all)
- How to Become a Better Freelance Writer by Managing Your Time Better - December 1, 2022
- All the Tools You Need for a Successful Link Building Campaign - September 13, 2022
- Don’t Waste Money: Six Ways To Maximize Your Content Marketing Budget - June 28, 2022