How to Attract Evangelists Online for Your Business
Reputation management is a necessary component for brands to effectively attract a loyal audience. The focus should always be on the needs of the community first with a thorough understanding of how to best solve their problems.
According to Wikipedia, “Reputation management is the influencing and/or control of an individual’s or business’s reputation. Originally a public relations term, the advancement of internet and social media use, along with reputation management companies, have made it primarily an issue of search results.”
By making a personal connection and staying active with your audience online your business can build a following who will share what you have to offer. The good news is that it’s never too late to start this process in order to win over your leads and customers.
Bryan Kramer, entrepreneur and author of the new book, Shareology, stated this best in a recent tweet:
There are several ways your business can stay connected with its community and build a loyal following following online:
● Follow up on social media and with emails – Once you have captured your leads and they have made a purchase or comment find out how they liked the product or service with an email or post on social media. Ask your community to shares photos, feedback, and opinions and reshare that on your blog and networks. This can be related to what your business is selling or can be a shout out on a deal of the day, fun question, ect. Target is a great example of community engagement and interactions like this recent post on their Facebook Page:
● Provide something of value in return for feedback and comments – Another great way to communicate with your fans and followers is to provide a reward for their response such as a coupon, freebie, contest entry, ect. This can work well especially with branded hashtags for your business on places like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
● Tap into their giving side – Most people are wiling to support a great cause, especially one that is trending. Take a look at Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook and you will see what the most popular topics are. Create a meme or blog campaign in support, but make sure that it is aligned with your brand’s image and message first.
● Create a mix of shareable and personalized content – Great images with quotes along with helpful infographics and videos can be a big hit with your audience. Your blog content can include a combination of these, which will help increase your subscribers. Posting personal photos of you and your team members on social media will also help your business make better connections.
In order to build a strong following of brand evangelists your business needs to be consistently active and engaged with fresh content that appeals to the needs of your market. Use tracking tools like Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, ect. to gain better insights into what your leads and customers are looking for. You never know how your community is going to respond, and so this information is invaluable when it comes to creating great content, conversations, and followers.
Latest posts by Susan Gilbert (see all)
- 12 Brand Mention, Twitter Strategy and GIF Making Tools - November 16, 2021
- 12 WordPress SEO, Content Research, and Video Editing Tools - October 19, 2021
- 12 Digital Advertising, Remote Work, and CRM Tools - September 21, 2021