How to Curate Content Like a Pro [Infographic]
Curating content is one of the easiest strategies for brands to increase their following. Whether sharing other content on your social channels or curating articles on your blog, curation can help you supplement content while keeping your audience engaged.
By combining content and relevant materials into one easy to digest resource (email, blog post, social feed) you can provide your followers with a wealth of knowledge. It is certainly true that curating content can help improve your position as a thought leader. It is equally powerful as a means to develop relationships with relevant experts in your industry.
Consider using curation to network. Reach out to influencers and brands in your vertical that match the style and topics that you’d like to share. By opening a line of communication, you can foster a relationship that can be useful outside of just curating content.
Finally, you should be curating content because it is cost effective and scalable. One of the main reasons that people don’t publish more original content, is that it simply takes too much time and ties up too many valuable resources. However, when you curate content, you can cut down the time and resources needed to publish. While the content isn’t entirely unique, it may be new to your audience.
Adding content curation to your digital marketing strategy is a great idea. It’s easy and fast, and provides benefits outside of just content marketing. If you want to learn how to curate content effectively, consider looking over the infographic below created by CopyPress.
- Curating content helps you network with industry experts and diversifies the voice of your content. It also offers an affordable alternative to creating original content.
- Curating content on social media is important because 74% of Americans are on at least one social media site.
- More than 80% of marketers are curating content, with 50% reporting positive result to brand initiatives.
- Don’t simply republish content, find opportunities to build and sustain relationships with the original publisher.
- Your audience is unique; find what platform they are most active on and curate on that platform.
Derek Miller is a content marketing consultant for CopyPress, a leading digital content production and outreach company. Follow CopyPress on Twitter @CopyPress
Lead Featured Image: Copyright: ‘http://www.123rf.com/profile_Elnur‘ / 123RF Stock Photo