Surveys show that business people rely on white papers.
- According to an Eccola Media 2010 B2B Technology Collateral Survey Report, 76% of decision makers and key influencers used white papers when considering a technology purchase.
- A Lead Generation Marketing Study by the Lenskold Group found that white papers are an effective method of generating high-end sales leads.
- 57% of executives who read a white paper share it with their peers.
- White papers are the primary way businesses evaluate challenges and solutions.
Executives welcome white papers because they:
- Provide important and timely information in a clear and concise manner.
- Contain valuable insights, business data and scientific research, but without an explicit sales pitch.
- Offer practical solutions to real challenges.
- Give in-depth analysis of important topics.
- Expose leaders to new ideas and innovative thinking.
Organizations produce or commission white papers because they benefit from them in numerous ways:
- Establishing rapport, credibility and trust with clients and key audiences.
- Positions you as an industry or thought leader.
- Helps with marketing (i.e., potential clients and consumers are looking for useful information online).
- Prompts readers to learn more about your organization and encourages them to take action based on the knowledge you provide.
What distinguishes white papers from blogs, brochures or other sources of business information?
- White papers reflect a high degree of objectivity, expertise, research and documentation.
- They are highly informative, serious in tone, well-researched and evidence-based.
- Their primary aim is to edify the reader not sell them on your product.
The power of the white paper begins with a simple principle: giving people helpful knowledge builds trust, goodwill and gratitude. Put simply, if you provide someone with ideas, insight and understanding that helps them run their company, then they are more likely to give you their business.
Today, companies are using white papers to build subscriber lists, nurture established client relationships and market products and services. In particular, these fact-based essays are especially well-suited to today’s business environment. For example, offered as free downloads they can help you generate new sales leads, build community online and attract e-mail newsletter subscribers. The white paper is known as the “king of content” for a reason. Simply put, as far as business documents go it has no peer in terms of getting results.
Get More Information On Our Content Service
Enter your name and email and we will contact you within 24 hours.
We value your privacy and would never spam you